Featured PyS60 Application #3
by Pankaj Nathani
Every 10 days, we would be featuring in the “Pys60 Applications” section, a new application on Pys60 !
The prominent aim of the “Pys60 Applications” section is to help the developers of Pys60 build standalone applications on Pys60.
The Featured PyS60 Application #3 is Niime by Asier Arranz.
NiiMe is a software programmed in Python that use the accelerometers built in Nokia devices such as N95, Nokia 5500, etc.
Using the orientation of the mobile device : You can control your PC ! – using it as a mouse !
Here is a video demonstrating NiiME projects.
NiiMe has also been my co-finalist in Mobile Rules Technology Innovation Competition 2008.
In Featured PyS60 Applications we provide you with the source code So as promised you can find the source code for NiiMe, in a zip format, here.
For those of you who aren’t geeks yet – and want to just try Niime – download it from here and follow the instructions below:
1. Install Accelerometer Plug-In and aXYZ Plug-in
2. Install Python for S60 3rd edition (IMPORTANT: Plug-in and Shell)
3. Plug-in a bluetooth adapter (Use its own drivers or WidComm ones)
4. Open Python in your mobile, go to: “Options>Bluetooth Console” and connect to your computer
5. Run the Niime software, select the COM port of your bluetooth and press CONNECT
More information about NiiMe can be found at www.niime.com
Note: If you wish your PyS60 applications or work to be published and featured here. Drop me or Bogdan, an email with the details. My contact info is here.
- Featured PyS60 Application #4 Every 10 days, we would be featuring in the...
- Featured PyS60 Application #1 Every week we would be featuring in the “Pys60...
- Featured PyS60 Application #7 Every 10 days, we would be featuring in the...
- Featured PyS60 Application #2 Every 10 days, we would be featuring in the...
- Featured PyS60 Application #13 Every couple of weeks, we feature in the “PyS60...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.