by Jouni Miettunen
New in version 1.60:
- Both landscape (E61i) and portrait (N96) screen support
- Screen rotation (N82)
- Select starting level
- Winter graphics
- Pause etc.
The playing field is vertical 10×20 square field. There are seven different shaped pieces dropping down ever faster, which you have to arrange nicely at the bottom. All full rows are removed, to give you some more space to arrange even more pieces.
You can play either with joystick or keyboard or both at the same time
- You always get all seven different tetrominoes in a group, but in random order. This makes playing more predictable, you KNOW that the piece you’re waiting for will arrive soon.
- The more rows you remove at the same time, the more points you get. Four rows removed together gives three (3) times more points that 1 row removed four times.
- Game gets faster every time you remove 10 rows. Then you also get more points per piece/row.
- You can use devices having vertical screen (portrait), horizontal screen (landscape) or rotating screen.
- You can pause game. When at pause, your phone uses less battery (screensaver support is activated). Game goes on pause also, when it’s running at background.
- Top-10 highscore and some settings.
- Joystick left – move piece left
- Joystick right – move piece right
- Joystick up – rotate piece (default direction)
- Joystick down – soft drop
- Select – hard drop
- Key 1 – rotate piece counter-clockwise
- Key 2 – rotate piece (default direction)
- Key 3 – rotate piece clockwise
- Key 4 – move piece left
- Key 5 – hard drop
- Key 6 – move piece right
- Key 8 – soft drop
- Key 0 – pause
How to Make Points
You get to next level after removing 10 rows. At each level the speed of pieces dropping increases.
- One piece landed: 1 * level
- Soft drop: 1 * level per dropped row
- Hard drop: 5 * level per dropped row
- One row removed: 100 * level
- Two rows removed: 300 * level
- Three rows removed: 600 * level
- Four rows removed: 1200 * level
I started Jomtris late 2008, when I had flu and some fever. Wanted to check the old tetris.py sample, but it just kept crashing. So I started to debug, couldn’t understand how it worked and did some minor renaming, reordering, optimizing etc. normal things that people do.
The big mistake happened, when I got rid of busy game loop and made things work by events. I should have gotten well first and then forget all about tetris! I really should have!
Version 1.60, 2009-01-19
- New: Both Landscape and Portrait support
- New: Screen rotation support: portrait <-> landscape
- New: Pause game: press number zero
- New: All seven diff pieces drop in random groups of 7
- New: Settings game start level: faster w/more points
- New: Winter 2008 edition with snowy background graphics
- New: New application icon: reboot your phone after install
- New: Game name visible on-screen!
- Fix: Time delay after hard-drop to make play easier
- Fix: Remove row(s) with minor animation
- Fix: Focus handling fixed
- Fix: Top rows handling fixed at Game-Over
- Fix: Pause game while looking at Highscore, Settings or About
- Fix: Faster tile drawing
- Tested with PyS60 1.4.4 and 1.4.5
- Tested with E61i (S60 3.0 landscape screen), N96 (S60 3.2 portrait screen) and N82 (S60 3.1 screen rotation)
- Jomtris Jomtris is a simple “tetris” kind of casual game. You...
- Jomtris 1.10 Jomtris development release v1.10: Jomtris is a bit more complicated...
- Jomtris 1.51 Xmas Edition After long delay and some hard on-device debugging, I...
- Genius v1.0 Today I updated Genius to version 1.0. This version is...
- Featured PyS60 Application #7 Every 10 days, we would be featuring in the...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.